EXPLICIT LANGUAGE WARNING!!!
Published on Apr 24, 2012 by aimaccuracy
Accuracy in Media‘s Brigette Namata pays a visit to the Occupy DOJ rally to see how good a grip the protesters have on inconconvenient things like facts. Tales only get taller after 31 years it seems.
by LEE STRANAHAN
Katie Dixon, a ‘confidential assistant’ in the Office of Public Affairsat the Department of Justice, reportedly sent an email toWashington Free Beacon writer C.J. Ciaramella that she had been directed to send him a link to Media Matters for America,which holds weekly “strategy calls” with the White House, in response to an inquiry regarding the Operation Fast and Furious scandal. In a tweet Friday evening, @CJCiaramella said:
Requested comment from DOJ re: @KatiePavlich‘s #fastandfurious book. DOJ sent me a link to a Media Matters article
He then linked to what appears to be an email from Friday, April 20th at 5:15pm from Dixon.
The screenshot of that email shows Dixon saying:
Per your request for information on a Fast and Furious book, I was told to direct your questions to the FBI and also to provide you with a link to this story:
The message then linked to a story titled Fast And Fallacious: Pavlich’s Book On ATF Operation Filled With Falsehoods.
Continue reading >>>
Published on Apr 16, 2012 by oversightandreform
Learn more at http://Oversight.House.Gov
A quick 2 minute mashup of news clips reporting on the $823,000 taxpayer funded Vegas convention.
Arpaio fires back at anchor in feisty interview
by JOE KOVACS
Arizona lawman Joe Arpaio reminded everyone why he’s considered “America’s toughest sheriff” when he took a Fox News anchor to task in a live interview this afternoon.
Appearing on “America Live” with Megyn Kelly, Arpaio told Kelly she was wrong in some of her reporting about a federal investigation into his treatment of Hispanics in Maricopa County, Ariz.
The U.S. Justice Department is looking into allegations of racial profiling, a charge Arpaio denies, and the federal government wants Arpaio to allow an independent monitor to oversee the conduct of his office.
The Obama administration announced it’s now preparing to sue Arpaio.
Continue reading >>>
Obama’s attempt to intimidate the Supreme Court and deceive the public with his false remarks about precedent and the constitutionality of the Supreme Court’s decisions drew fire from a federal judge who demanded a three page single space brief on the president’s position from the Department of Justice.
Uploaded by usactionnewsdotcom on Apr 4, 2012
Uploaded by oversightandreform on Mar 13, 2012
Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) goes on Fox News to discuss the latest developments in uncovering what went wrong in the Department of Justice during the failed and deadly Operation Fast and Furious.
Hat Tip to lucky7m
BY COACH COLLINS, ON FEBRUARY 15TH, 2012
by Doug Book, staff writer
On February 7th, Coach is Right posted a story reporting John Boehner was involved in an under-the-table negotiation with Attorney General Eric Holder to arrange a “mutually acceptable conclusion” to the Congressional investigation of Operation Fast and Furious. (1)
Originally broken by Mike Vanderboegh on his Sipsey Street Irregulars website, it was reported that the Department of Justice would provide Boehner and Republicans the heads of DOJ higher-ups Lanny Breuer and Jason Weinstein along with assorted minor players and in return, the GOP would drop House and Senate committee investigations, giving Eric Holder and Barack Obama a pass on their involvement in the gunwalking scheme. (2)
Since this story first broke on February 3rd, dozens, perhaps hundreds of sites across the internet have picked up the articles originally published on Sipsey Street, Coach is Right and Western Journalism. CiR and WJ have been inundated with comments, many taking offense at the accusations of imminent betrayal lodged against Speaker Boehner. The Congressman’s office phone has apparently rung off the hook with questions about the veracity of the report. Naturally the allegations were denied.
Continue Reading: We’re watching you, Speaker Boehner and all of your friends too
JOHN HUDSON | JAN 31, 2012
The American public may finally bear witness to some, but probably not all, of the postmortem images of Osama bin Laden taken on the night he was killed in Pakistan. That’s the conclusion of Dan Metcalfe, the former director of the Department of Justice’s Office of Information and Privacy, after reading the government’s response in a lawsuit from activist group Judicial Watch seeking “all photographs and/or video recordings” taken during the raid in Pakistan.
“If you look closely at one small segment of the government’s brief, it in effect concedes that there are reasonably segregable, non-exempt portions of the records that are legally required to be disclosed,” Metcalfe told The Atlantic Wire.
Initially, the Justice Department had argued that all 52 records of bin Laden were exempt from disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act. However, in their response brief filed on Wednesday, Metcalfe says DOJ raised the possibility that portions of images or video of the Al Qaeda leader could be disclosed without “core” harm to national security. The passage in question (page 10) raises the possibility that “sensitive information about specific intelligence methods or specific military operations could be redacted from the records.”
Continue Reading: We May Get to See Some of Bin Laden’s Death Photos After All