Video Published on Apr 17, 2012 by dentonexable
Ummmm??? Michelle… I do believe that your husband said something about “stay at home moms”.
(CNSNews.com) — Just two days after President Barack Obama gave a sharply edged response to news anchor Larry Conners of KMOV in St. Louis after Conners had asked the president about Americans who “get frustrated and even angered when they see the first family jetting around [to] different vacations and so forth,” Obama told a panel at the Summit of the Americas in Cartagena, Colombia that part of his job there was to scout out locations for a future vacation with First Lady Michelle Obama.
Obama was speaking on a panel with Colombian President Juan Mauel Santos and Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff when he made the remarks. The panel was moderated by Chris Matthews of MSNBC.
“I want to thank President Santos and the people of Colombia for the extraordinary hospitality in the beautiful city of Cartagena,” said Obama. “We’re having a wonderful time. And usually when I take these summit trips, part of my job is to scout out where I may want to bring Michelle back later for vacation. So we’ll make sure to come back sometime in the near future.”. . .
On Thursday, Obama had invited Larry Conners of KMOV to interview him one-on-one at the White House. Connors asked him — in an exchange picked up by The Blaze — about the perception he said some KMOV viewers had that the president and his family took multiple vacations. (Video clip below)
Hat Tip to Weasel Zippers
- $10 Million Later, Obama Finally Confronted on Family Vacations (constitutionclub.org)
- Reporter Confronts Pres. Obama About First Family ‘Jetting Around’ On Vacations (mediaite.com)
- Local Reporter Grills Obama on Family Vacations (usnews.com)
- Obama in Colombia: ‘Part of My Job Is to Scout Out Where I May Want to Bring Michelle Back Later (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
Hahaha! Pastor Manning is too funny. He isn’t afraid to tell ya’ exactly what he thinks.
Uploaded by ATLAHWorldwide on Jun 25, 2008
Uploaded by dentonexable on Mar 9, 2012
In May 1988, Harvard Law students, borrowing from Alinsky‘s Rules for Radicals, and foreshadowing the Occupy movement of 2011, occupied the Harvard Law School’s dean’s office. The students were supporting Professor Derrick Bell’s demand that the law school hire professors on the basis of race.
One of the students “dressed in black” and occupying the dean’s office appears to be Michelle Obama (Harvard Law ’88). At the 0:09 time mark
Last updated at 10:40 AM on 1st March 2012
With a formal dinner for the few, President Barack Obama on Wednesday paid solemn tribute to the many.
The president, who opposed the Iraq war from its outset, thanked those who fought its battles by sitting down to a candlelit meal with a small cross section of the million-plus who served there over the past nine years.
Though the mood was reflective, the First Lady was caught looking rather grumpy at several points throughout the night.
Unusual choice: The President took the rare move of toasting with water, which many say is bad luck, during his remarks at the Wednesday dinner held in the White House
The attitude is not typical of Mrs Obama, as she has dedicated much of her attention to the needs of military families and veterans when they return back from combat.
In spite of her dedication to the cause, she seemed rather unenthusiastic in the photos from the evening.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2108532/Michelle-Obama-frowns-state-dinner-President-thanks-Iraq-War-veterans-families.html#ixzz1ntVBCC9a
- Obama says apology ‘calmed things down’ in Afghanistan (politico.com)
- Barack Obama: Koran burning apology ‘calmed things down’ (telegraph.co.uk)
Speaking at an earlier fundraiser at The Westin Hotel in Cincinnati, Michelle Obama said: “In less than a year from now — time is ticking — we are going to make a choice that will impact our lives for decades to come. And you’re here because you know that choice won’t just affect all of us, but it’s going to affect our children, it’s going to affect our grandchildren, and it’s going to affect the world that we leave for them long after we’re gone.
- Shared Sacrifice … Michelle Obama Style (usamericanfreedom.com)
- MORE ON MICHELLE OBAMA’S ASPEN VACATION: An InstaPundit reader in Aspen emails: “The Obamas are do… (pjmedia.com)
- King-Sized Snickers Bar Falls Victim to Michelle Obama (usamericanfreedom.com)
- Michelle Obama enjoys 16 Tax Payer Funded Vacations in Three Years or What Recession? (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Michelle Obama blows $50,000 in luxury lingerie shop (usamericanfreedom.com)
Say goodbye to the king-sized Snicker bars — send your complaint letters directly to Michelle Obama. Mars Inc. said it is making the move to comply with the First Lady’s war on obesity.
Continue Reading: King-Sized Snickers Bar Falls Victim to Michelle Obama
Thanks to The Washington Examiner for the list
Accounting for trips out of Washington for several days, the total number of vacations Washington Secrets tabulated is 16, 10 where the family was together, such as for Christmas and summer vacations, one by the president and five by the first lady. Not included were Camp David visits or trips like the first family’s New York City date night in May, 2009.
The Obama Vacation List
- President’s Day 2012, Michelle and the first daughters in Aspen, Colorado to ski.
- Christmas 2011, the first family in Hawaii for an extended vacation.
- Summer 2011, in Martha’s Vineyard, Mass., for the annual beach break.
- June 2011, the first lady, her mother and daughters traveled to South Africa and Botswana.
- President’s Day 2011, the first lady and first daughters travel to Vail to ski.
- Christmas 2010, in Hawaii.
- August 2010, the first family traveled to Panama City Beach, Fla., for some sun and fun at the beach.
- August 2010, Obama spent the weekend alone in Chicago for his 49th birthday bash.
- August 2010, the first lady and daughter Sasha traveled to Spain for a mother-daughter vacation.
- August 2010, summer vacation again at Martha’s Vineyard.
- July 2010, the first family went to Mount Desert Island, Maine.
- May 2010, the first family had a four-day trip to Chicago.
- March 2010, first lady and daughter spend Spring Break in New York City.
- Christmas 2009, Hawaii again for the annual break.
- August 2009, at Yellowstone National Park and the Grand Canyon for a short vacation.
- August 2009, their first summer vacation as first family at Martha’s Vineyard, Mass.
- Michelle’s ski trip marks 16 Obama vacations (insanityreport.wordpress.com)
- Michelle Obama’s Skiing Vacation in Aspen & Photos from Other Family Trips [SLIDESHOW] (ibtimes.com)
- You’d think with her husband’s reelection on the line, Michelle Obama would not go on another vacation. (althouse.blogspot.com)
- First Lady in a little place called Aspen (hotair.com)
- YOU WOULD, WOULDN’T YOU? “You’d think with her husband’s reelection on the line, Michelle Obama wou… (pjmedia.com)
- Video: Michelle’s Aspen Vacation – Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- 16 Vacations in three years – Guess Who (bokertov.typepad.com)
- Just weeks after 17-day Hawaii holiday Michelle Obama takes daughters on ski trip to Aspen | Mail Online (trailblazer1.wordpress.com)
- Michelle Obama Takes Daughters On Luxury Aspen Ski Trip Weeks After 17-Day Hawaii Vacation (pumabydesign001.com)
- First Lady And Daughters Vacation in Aspen, Media Reacts (newsy.com)
Well It Has Been a Whole Month! Just Weeks After 17-Day Hawaii Vacation Michelle Hits the Slopes with Daughters on Aspen Ski Trip
By Hannah Roberts
With the economy on its knees, many American families have had to forgo their annual holiday just to make ends meet. But barely a month after returning from a luxury Christmas break in Hawaii Michelle Obama is on holiday again – this time at the exclusive Colorado ski resort of Aspen.
The First Lady Michelle Obama is spending Presidents’ Day weekend in the upmarket resort with her daughters, Sasha and Malia, and was seen hitting the slopes – albeit apprehensively – on Saturday. The Secret Service have been in town for the past few days looking for safe places for the family to relax.