Michelle Obama has risked the wrath of cash-strapped Americans by indulging in a $50,000 shopping spree at Agent Provocateur.
The First Lady is better known for shopping at more modestly priced High Street brands. But along with the the Queen of Qatar, Sheikha Mozah, she closed off part of Madison Avenue to spend time in the luxury lingerie shop.
Their purchases contributed to a market-spanking 12.5pc lift in sales.
Agent Provocateur, which is styled on vintage Hollywood glamour, sells handmade Calais lace corsets that sell for up to $1,400, which could ruffle the feathers of more than just President Obama in an election year.
Continue Reading: Michelle Obama blows $50,000 in luxury lingerie shop
- Michelle Obama spends £32k on posh underwear and boosts sales (mirror.co.uk)
- First Lady goes shopping… not at Target this time (bokertov.typepad.com)
- Agent Provocateur sales boosted by US First Lady Michelle Obama (telegraph.co.uk)
- Did Mishy Spend $50,000 on Lingerie in One Shopping Spree? (theconservativehillbilly.wordpress.com)
- REPORT: Michelle Obama closes Madison Avenue for $50,000 shopping spree. If she were a Republican … (pjmedia.com)
- Did ‘The People’s’ First Lady Spend $50k on Lingerie in One Shopping Spree? (mikesright.wordpress.com)